Today’s customers expect relevant content/data at their fingertips, anytime, anywhere and in the format, and on the device of their choice. Their demand is what dictates businesses’ strategy.
Customers are, thus, calling the shots, compelling organizations to embrace digital transformation and alter their business models to adapt to the new market realities.
Now, what exactly is Digital Transformation?
According to a GARTNER research, it is a process of exploiting digital technologies and supporting capabilities to create a robust new business model. Its enormous significance today can be gleaned from the fact that C-level executive teams straddling all industries from manufacturing to insurance, finance, and more, are leveraging digital technologies in a big way to change operational processes, customer relationships, and sales and service.
As organizations walk the path of digital transformation to speed processes, the use of Robotic Process Automation (RPA) is expanding rapidly to support digital transformation. From automating high-volume, tedious, and repetitive tasks to enabling workers to become more productive, RPA is enabling organizations to realign their working methodologies; and reshape their operations and level of responsiveness at most touchpoints within their value chain.
A mix of user-interaction (UI) and APIs, RPA integrates and executes data transcription tasks between different enterprise and productivity applications vide a software script that replicates a human process/task within a workflow. The growing importance of RPA in digital transformation came to the fore during the COVID-19 crisis with business disruption and the new normal of remote working compelling organizations to look upon RPA as an automation option to digitize paper-based, routine human processes.
HOW DOES THIS SUPPORT DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION?
RPA software robots are trained to:
- Imitate and mimic employees’ actions ranging from simple clicks and copy and paste tasks to more complicated ones like invoicing, bank reconciliation, and more, performing them the way humans do in the normal course.
- Work with various systems ranging from ERP to legacy and other external systems, without any further investments in existing platforms while facilitating implementations within weeks or sometimes even days.
- Handle redesigned processes with increased speed and validation and verification checks without the need to stop and recheck.
By using their automation capabilities, RPA software robots help organizations to:
- Automate mundane, high-volume, and time-consuming tasks like service job entry, invoicing, order and AP processing, and so on.
- Handle and tackle operations as well as build and deploy challenges like executing large quantities of back-office tasks in days and weeks rather than in months.
- Utilize their workforce for more customer-related issues that require a human touch. This way, their expertise, and skills can be leveraged for more beneficial tasks rather than mundane tasks that merely involve respective work.
- Adjust processes in line with the change in existing requirements or the needs of new requirements sans negative impact to the business. For instance, automating and reconciling invoices rather than ensuring their reconciliation manually, OR building a custom, complex integration that could take months.
- Gather data with its big data capabilities, analyze them, and acquire insights about their business patterns and workflows performance. Leveraging insights, organizations can adopt digital strategies and make their processes more efficient and optimize workflows as well.
- Access data from multiple, disparate sources like ERP, legacy, and external systems. This will eliminate the need for the reengineering of old processes or prizing out platforms that form the core of their operations.
- Maximize time and efficiency by working 24/7 and getting rid of manual work and unnecessary costs.
- Eliminate error-prone human tasks thus ensuring more accurate, reliable outcomes and ultimately, better quality customer experiences.
By enabling organizations to get rid of monotonous back-office and other repetitive tasks, RPA helps organizational teams to focus on higher-value tasks like sales, marketing, and customer care. This improves customer experience and ensures their loyalty and retention. Simultaneously, it also ensures cost reductions, improving business efficiency levels, performance and results. This way, RPA facilitates smooth and quick digital transformation
RPA will, however, be of minimal benefit if:
- Implemented in a hasty manner.
- Implemented without rigorous internal governance. This otherwise can lead to data corruption, delays, and support issues.
- Focused only at the task level. This can end up eventually shifting bottlenecks to another process area and ultimately slowing down employee productivity.
Your search for transitioning to a successful digital transformation ends at the doorstep of Genesis, a leading Digital Transformation solutions provider.
Genesis offers rich-quality digital transformation expertise in synergizing modern technologies like enterprise cloud transformation, artificial intelligence, hyper-converged technologies, blockchain, and so on, with operational insights in line with your specific needs.