A recent trend that is picking up steam is working remotely. This is valid, particularly in light of the pandemic and the recent lockdowns. In a way, this global crisis demonstrated that working in remote teams has greater success rates than anticipated.
Although companies are still struggling to reflect on the needs of this new process, these virtual services have tremendous potential to increase workflow and productivity. And the new-age organizations are well aware of this fact.
With the increasing demand for work-from-home, organizations have been facing difficulties in keeping it all together. Though beneficial, it is quite problematic and tricky if not taken the correct decisions. Data transfer can be a challenge for organizations that support remote working teams and also in offices, as it could be unsafe and a long and tiring process to transfer data on multiple desktops. This is where DaaS (Desktop-As-A-Service) comes into the picture.
What is Desktop-As-A-Service?
DaaS (Desktop-As-A-Service) is desktop virtualization. To break it down, it is a virtual desktop infrastructure and storage which is hosted in the cloud. This allows access of the desktop to end-user devices over a network.
Compared to traditional desktops, DaaS has a higher performance. It is more secure and user-friendly. In addition to that, it is cost-effective. That means it aids companies in maintaining financial stability and avoiding unnecessary purchases of software and costly hardware.
Benefits of Desktop-As-A-Service
DaaS (Desktop-As-A-Service) offers great advantages to the company as well as its employees. Here are a few points to discuss the benefits of DaaS:
- Employees require access to their data and files all the time and on multiple devices. With access to profiles and data, DaaS allows employees to connect with their own devices, regardless of where they work.
- Compared to traditional desktops and storage devices, DaaS is more secure and reliable, as the data is uploaded and saved in the cloud. This decreases the chances of losing data due to natural disasters or any such incident.
- Data can prove to be crucial for companies. Using DaaS and storing your data at these cloud platforms gives you access to devices and control over them. That means if any of the devices are out of service or lost by any chance, you can cut and deny access to ensure the safety of your company data.
- With DaaS, companies and organizations do not need to invest in costly software and hardware. Instead, they pay cloud providers for storage spaces and services.
- DaaS and cloud storage providers extend their services to perform updates, backups, storage management, and the security of it.
DaaS services are the best solution for companies with less budgets at hand, but require an update on their system. They can use DaaS services to use updated operating systems, software, and applications from the cloud.